Our Dental Assisting Course
Intermountain Dental Assisting believes that in order to be competitive and successful in todays fast paced dental field, a dental assistant must be able to preform a variety of skills. Our dental assisting course is designed to cater to these needs to ensure that you are well trained and diversified.
Hiring Dentists require experience and it is essential in becoming a dental assistant, which is why we have focused our 10 week course on applied training. This hands-on training begins in the very first of class!
We have created a curriculum that is exclusive to Intermountain Dental Assisting only. This curriculum will train you Critical Thinking and the ability to Anticipate the dentist.
These behaviors are typical to dental assistants who have been in the field much longer. Learning this way of thinking is imperative to be competitive in today’s job market.
- Dental Anatomy
- Dental Terminology
- Dental Hygiene Rotation
- Dental Instruments
- 4-Handed Dental Assistant Training
- Dental Radiology, State Certification plus Hands-on Training
- Documenting Dental Procedures and Patient Treatment Plans
- Infection Prevention and Hazardous Materials
- Intro Dental Computer Software
- Laboratory Equipment and Materials
- Obtaining Dental Impressions and Impression Procedures
- Fabricating Dental Trays
- Trimming Dental Stone Models
- Patient Care
- Personal Development
- Preventative & Restorative Dentistry
- The confidence and skills hiring Dentist will be looking for!